Friday, December 10, 2010

25 Days of Christmas - Day 10 & Magnets!!

So last night I had so much fun making Marble Magnets!!  I found the tutorial at Not Martha.org and it was SOOOOO easy!  And when I say SOOOOO easy I mean it!!  Here's a quick recap!

I used left over scrapbooking paper, glass marbles that are flat on the back from the dollar store, magents that have the sticky foam backing on one side and E600 glue which is a MUST!  The first time I tried it with glue I had on hand and well, it was no so good.  This stuff is the real deal!

Put a little on the marble and smoosh to your hearts content!  It's really fun! Kind of like popping the little bubbles in bubble wrap!  Just smoosh away!   The object, of course, is to make sure you get all the little bubbles out and you paper shows through nice and clean.  The let it dry!

Trim the excess paper off and pop on a magnet!

And Wa-La!  Magnets GALORE!!  I am doing some with faces behind them so I'll let you know how they turn out!

And now on to Day 10 which can be downloaded HERE.  Also, I had a few comments that people were having trouble downloading Day 1 so HERE is a link that should be fixed!  Although, when I checked the original it seemed to work for me.  Oh and thank you for all the other wonderful comments.  It makes a girl feel loved!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for today's part. Also, thanks for the link for part 1. I love your kit!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for creating this great kit and sharing it with us!